Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fotos!!

Most of the time I am a little doubtful to post about photographers, because it has happen often to me that I find an amazing picture and then after careful browse of the artist’s work, I realize that the marvelous picture was actually a fluke on an otherwise bland and pedestrian collection of images.

Every now and then the camera lies; this life and the world are filled with incredible picture perfect moments and sometimes mediocre photographers can be lucky enough to catch one of them on film or a memory stick, without the actual need of talent or technique… I should know; I can be defined as one of these happenstance photographers (if you keep on clicking eventually you will get something acceptable, that is my motto).

Anyway, that is the reason why I find it so difficult to pick photographers. That much-about-luck genius is hard to mimic in other mediums (I should know that as well, because I am also a lousy painter and an awful knitter), so I find it relatively easy to post about other type of artist that I think will continue to come up with great pieces (good paintings and illustrations mostly come from good painters and illustrators).

But I need to start taking chances and I found someone that I truly believe knows what the heck he is doing; it is not in fact a gamble, I have been following his work for a while now and two day ago a picture of his really captured my eyes. I started to surf his archives and he has many (MANY) great images.

His name is Sina Kafi (Bigshot Fotos) and he is from Toronto, Canada. What I love about his images is that he takes the common and turns it into a magical composition; he always seems to be at the right place in the right moment, which can only mean that he is good at what he does.

I love his birds series, because with birds you always know who is good and who got help from lady luck; birds will not (and I repeat: will not) stand still until you get your shot. So if you have one or two good shots of a bird, you got lucky; if you have more than 9, you can’t be messed with.

I assure you, Sina Kafi is not to be messed with; the proof of the pudding is in the eating (a.k.a: the proof is in the pudding):


a portrait



summer's here



common moorhen


the dance

For more of his great images go to his Flickr Photostream (Here) or his Web Site (Here), and if you want prints both sites have information on how to contact him.


blue eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment