Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Representing Spain: Alejandro Sanz

Today is the day. The day when we as Mexicans come together drink, eat and dance celebrating that many years ago we (no literally) started the independence fight against Spain. Well, it’s not today, more like early morning tomorrow, but today at night is when the celebration takes place.

I am not a big fan of the formal part of the celebration; I used to be, because as a kid it was a perfect pretext to stay up late, but then in my teens when I was too old to get excited about staying up and too young to enjoy the intense flow of alcohol, well it lost some meaning. I know, I know, I sound like the worst Mexican, but I am not; I assure you, the worst Mexicans can do really awful things, I? Well, I just did not make plans for tonight.

So, I was going to post a song from a Mexican artists (because of the date), but then I just did not find any videos that I could add here (embedding enable by request; my nemesis), so I decided, that, since 200 years ago (today) we were still under Spaniard government, well, I can get away with posting a song by someone from Spain (plus, he is really hot, so no real harm done)… I will deal with Mexican artists tomorrow.

This is (the charming) Alejandro Sanz with Quisiera Ser.

No comments:

Post a Comment